Dr. Robert Ritchie, B. S., M. A., D. C.
Dr. Robert Ritchie was born and grew up in Baton Rouge, receiving his bachelor's degree in 1967 from LSU and later his master's degree in 1977. He graduated Summa Cum Laude in December of 1981 from Palmer College of Chiropractic with a Doctorate of Chiropractic in Davenport, Iowa, graduating 3rd in his class of 175 students from all over the United States and the world
While a student at Palmer Dr. Ritchie:
- Was selected as a member of Pi Tau Delta, International Chiropractic Honor Society.
- Completed a 100-hour postgraduate course on all aspects of x-ray.
- Completed extra curricula courses in Sacro-Occipital Technique, Grostic Technique, and Logan Basic Technique.
Professional Postgraduate Training:
- Dr. Ritchie has taken many post graduate courses, including courses in radiology, impairment rating, chiropractic methods, nutrition, and energetic healing. Some of the courses in Chiropractic and alternative healing methods include:
- Neuro-Emotional Technique, Grostic Upper Cervical Procedure, Gonstead Technique, Crayton Upper Cervical, Upper Cervical Specific, Pierce-Stillwagon, National Upper Cervical Technique (NUCCA), Atlas Orthogonal, Sacro-Occipital Technique, Logan Basic, Neuro-Linguistic Programming, Total Body Modification, Whole System Health Scan, Contact Reflex Analysis, Neurolink, Bio-Kinetics, Bio Energetic Synchronization Technique, Activator Methods, Body Talk Systems, Test and Response, Chinese Energetic Healing, Loomis Institute of Enzyme Nutrition, Ulan Nutritional Response Testing, Nutri-Spec, Metabolic Balance Through Nutrition, Koren Specific Technique, Body Restoration Technique, CranioBiotic Technique, BioCranial Technique, Neurocranial Integration, etc.
- Dr. Ritchie has over 38 years of experience in Chiropractic practice and has testified in numerous depositions and court appearances as an expert witness in the 19th Judicial District Court of Louisiana and the Baton Rouge City Court.
- While attending LSU for his bachelor's degree, Dr. Ritchie served in the ROTC (Reserve Officer Training Corp), graduating as a Distinguished Military Cadet in 1967. Shortly after graduation he went on active duty as a Lieutenant in the United States Army; he was then assigned to Fort Ord, California as Platoon Leader of a Basic Training Company. While serving at Fort Ord, Dr. Ritchie received orders to report to Republic of Vietnam.
- As a 1st Lieutenant in Vietnam, Dr. Ritchie served currently as Executive Officer, Shop Officer, and Motor Officer of a Direct Support Company supporting the Heavy and Medium Artillery Battalion of the 9th Infantry Division and three infantry Brigades, including the Mobil Riverine Force, operating in the Mekong River Delta, Republic of Vietnam.
- For his service in Vietnam Dr. Ritchie was awarded the Army Commendation Medal and the Bronze Star Medal for Meritorious Service.