The Arthrostim Instrument is the most recent, advanced adjustment tool available. It delivers 12-14 incremental thrusts per second. By dividing the energy of a single thrust (whether by hand or instrument) into rapid successive input, the Arthrostim modulates force and allows an extremely comfortable, highly effective adjustment.
It's like having 27 little tiny adjustments instead of one big one.
Benefits of chiropractic adjusting instruments include a more specific and targeted force application, controlled force and speed. These benefits culminate in easier adjustments on patients and the doctor too.
Instrument adjusting is more patient-friendly for some and able to help patients who might otherwise never seek chiropractic care. In part, this attraction may be the lower force that is required for adjustment when compared to manual adjusting. The attraction may also be due to the visual evidence of the effects of adjustment provided by the computerized system screens and printouts.
• Repeatability. Finally, in addition to being gentler on the chiropractor and patient, the analysis of spinal resistance performed with the computerized assessment instruments has shown remarkably high repeatability, especially when compared to the lack of repeatability of manual palpation.
Not only are the computerized analyses more repeatable, but with many instruments, the patient can be shown the graphical results before and after the adjustment whether the adjustment is done with the instrument or manually.
In addition, recent studies of the effectiveness of computerized multiple impulse adjusting systems indicate that their use may be just as effective or even more effective for some patients as adjusting by hands alone.
What is the Advantage of Instrument Adjusting?
What is Chiropractic Instrument Adjusting?
Just as lasers have replaced scalpels in some surgeries, advanced technology has become available to chiropractors to assist in delivering chiropractic adjustments.
Your chiropractor and thousands of other doctors around the world now use the Impulse Adjusting Instrument® in the care of their patients. This patented and FDA registered device was specifically created to deliver gentle and precise chiropractic adjustments to the joints of the spine and extremities to relieve pain and restore function. The Impulse Adjusting Instrument® is controlled by micro-computer circuitry housed within the device that produces a controlled force that chiropractors can use to treat different areas of the body.
- Impulse adjusting is a new technique developed to provide controlled treatments to the specific areas you’re having trouble with.
- Our chiropractors use the Impulse Adjusting Instrument to provide this treatment rather than the traditional manual methods.
- Impulse adjustments are high-tech.There is no popping or cracking with these adjustments , but rather very precise and targeted adjustments designed to specifically care for just the right areas.
- Years of research have gone into the development of the Impulse Instruments to create gentle chiropractic adjustments that are safe and effective for patients of all ages.
- You can read more about the Impulse and Impulse iQ adjusting instruments in this section of our site so you can better understand this exciting new technology in chiropractic health care.
Chiropractic Care Treats The Cause
Millions of Nerves travel throughout the human frame to control the function and physiology of your body. Spinal joints that are out of alignment or not moving properly can affect your health by irritating delicate spinal nerves. When irritated, these nerves alert your brain that something is wrong. Symptoms, including pain, are usually the result. Nerve signals are also sent to your muscles to stabilize and protect the area. You may feel stiff, sore, and tired. As opposed to taking pain masking drugs, which can be dangerous to your health, Chiropractic care seeks to locate the source of your symptoms and address the underlying cause, so the problem doesn’t keep recurring.
- Your chiropractic doctor will consult with you about your health and perform a complete examination to identify your problem areas. You’ll be given a report of the doctor’s findings and an opportunity to have all of your questions answered. Chiropractic adjusting with the Impulse Adjusting Instrument® aims to restore your body’s balance and function to correct the underlying cause of your symptoms with treatments that are as painless as possible. Getting you back to feeling yourself again quickly and effectively are our primary goals.
- What does it feel like? Chiropractic adjustments with the Impulse Adjusting Instrument® feel like a light tapping sensation on the area that is being treated. In most cases the treatment is painless and after the adjustment many patients feel relief of pain and improved mobility. Others report a sense of well-being or a soothing calm feeling. Of course, results vary from case to case and chronic conditions, inflammation or muscle spasms may delay these positive effects.
The Chiropractic Experience
Featuring Dina Eastwood
This video is intended to be viewed by patients on their initial visit with the chiropractor. It explains what to expect during their treatments with the Impulse® Adjusting Instrument.